PARENTAL CODE OF CONDUCT – INFORMATION
1. Remember that all children participate to have fun and that the game is for the youth and not adults.
2. Inform the coach of any physical disability or ailment that may affect the safety of your child or the safety of others.
3. I will be a positive role model for my child and encourage sportsmanship by showing respect and demonstrate positive support for all players, coaches, officials and spectators at every game, practice or other sporting events.
4. I will not engage in any kind of un-sporting like conduct with any official, coach, player or parent such as booing and taunting; refusing to shake hands; or using bad language or gestures.
5. To teach my child to play by the rules and to resolve conflicts without resorting to hostility or violence.
6. I will demand that my child treat other players, coaches, officials and spectators with respect regardless of race, colour, sex, disability or ability.
7. To let my child know that doing one’s best is more important than winning, so that my child will never feel defeated by the outcome of the game or his/her performance.
8. Praise my child for competing fairly and trying hard, and making him/her feel like a winner every time.
9. to never ridicule or yell at my child or any other participant for making a mistake or losing a competition.
10. Respect the officials and their authority during games and will never question or confront coaches at the game field bit take time to speak at an agreed time and place.
11. Demand a sports environment for my child that is free from drugs, tobacco and alcohol.
12. refrain from coaching my child or other players during games and practices un less I am one of the official coaches of the team.
I also agree that if I fail to abide by the aforementioned rules and guidelines, I will be
Subject to disciplinary action that could include, but is not limited to the following:
• Verbal warning official, head coach, disciplinary chairman and/or head of league organisation
• Parental game suspension.
• Written warning from the club.
13. The Executive Committee shall be empowered to deal with all matters not provided
For in these rules, and in the interpretation thereof.
At Dukinfield Youth we aim to promote sportsmanship with respect, responsibility, and fairness from all members of the club.