THE RESPONSIBLE PLAYERS CODE OF CONDUCT – INFORMATION
1. Play because you enjoy football, not to please toy parents.
2. Players must respect the rights, dignity and worth of each and every person and treat them equally within the context of the sport.
3. Players must adhere to all guidelines laid down by the constitution and the code of conduct by the club.
4. Players must develop an appropriate working relationship with the coach based on mutual trust and respect.
5. Players must accept the responsibility for their own behaviour and performance, and do not argue with the referee or the assistant referee.
6. Players should, at the outset, clarify with the coach (and, where appropriate, their parents) exactly what is expected of them and also what they are entitled to expect from the players.
7. Players must co-operate fully with specialist (e.g. other coaches, officials, sports, scientist, doctors, physiotherapists) in their own interest.
8. Players must always adhere to the positive aspects of the sport (e.g. fair play) and never condone violations of the laws of the game, behaviour contrary to the spirit of the laws of the game or relevant rules and regulations or the use of prohibited substances or techniques.
9. Players must consistently display high standards of behaviour.
10. Players must appreciate the importance of striving to win, not winning itself.
11. The Executive Committee shall be empowered to deal with all matters not provided for in these rules, and in the interpretation thereof.